Salted Caramel Custard Cruffin
Golden, flaky croissant pastry filled with a creamy salted caramel custard.
*Crumble not included, finish with your choice of topping.
Prep: 8 mins | Baking: 20-25mins
You’ll need: 1 egg, 1 cup caster sugar.
Before Bed (Approx 8pm – 9pm)
- Remove cruffins from the freezer. Place on a baking tray in their casing. Cover loosely with a tea towel.
Note: To prevent sticking, place a sheet of baking paper over the cruffins before covering with the tea towel.
- Pop the piping bag containing the fill in the fridge to thaw overnight.
- Get some sleep…You deserve it.
When you wake (7.30am – 8.30am)
- Preheat oven 180C°. Carefully remove the tea towel.
- Gently egg wash cruffins with lightly beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Baking results may vary depending on your oven. Please use these instructions as a guide.
- Once baked, remove cruffin from the case and roll in sugar. Allow to cool.
- Use a paring knife to create a hole through the middle of the cruffin, being careful not to pierce the base.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag, insert bag in the hole and fill with custard.
Cruffin: Premium NSW Wheat, whole milk, cultured butter, brown sugar, yeast, salt, improver.
Salted Caramel Cruffin: Milk, sugar, thickened cream, egg yolk, corn flour, glycerin, butter, flour, salt, vanilla.
Allergens: Wheat, dairy, eggs, may contain traces of nuts, soy.
Store at or below -18 degrees. Reseal after opening and use within best before. Once thawed do not refreeze.