Logistics supervisor – Part or full time
Job tasks and responsibilities
The duties for this role are diverse. We are looking for someone who wants to energetically jump between tasks and work as the glue between several other departments. The packing team is responsible for a diverse range of tasks across the bakery, pastry production and bake at home range of products. The team provide an efficient and effective service of packing products for our wholesale clients and supporting other operations of the business.
The supervisor needs to understand how all of the working parts of the business interact. They need to know how to motivate a team and be a driver of efficiency, accuracy and quality control.
The overarching responsibility in the this role, is the ability to organise multifaceted tasks with in a small team.
Specific duties will include:
Packing Team Supervisor
- Managing 2 sections – our Wholesale Packing team and our Bake at home packaging team
- Co ordinating nightly tasks for each team
- Ensuring quality standards are met
- Problem solving. Both on the spot and identifying underlying issues and potential resolutions
- Training new team members
- Work on the floor with staff when needed
- Communicating across several departments
- Organise meetings and follow ups tasks
Client management and administration
- Respond to emails and texts from Wholesale clients and Home Delivery clients
- Assisting with wholesale orders, invoicing and accounts
- Problem solve to a win / win solution
The bakery operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. To cover 7 nights a week needed for the packing team, this will be a job share position, with permanent part time hours, 20 – 30 hours per week, that is 3-4 shifts in a row including at least one weekend night.
You must be available either Saturdays or Sundays in the afternoons / evenings up until 1am.
We are a young, energetic team committed to our craft. Our workplace is part cafe, part home delivery service, part wholesale operation. On a daily basis, we enjoy great coffee, sourdough, bake-at-home products and of course – the occasional pastry and we share that with our clients.
We welcome people who share our passion and we’re driven to producing world class products and service. Our workplace is ever changing (for the better) as we grow!
This is not your traditional hospitality role! We are in the bakery, working with a diverse team, juggling many responsibilities and having a blast doing it. The applicant needs to be able to switch between priorities and demands in a noisy environment – and do it all with a smile!
Hours of work are varied. We have several ‘shifts’ we are looking to cover across 7 days a week, from 2pm til Midnight (and the occasional 1am)!!
We have a permanent part time position up to full time. Positions will include 1 day on the weekend every week. Either Saturday or Sunday.
If you are a driver of change and love to go the extra mile to make every clients day; if you are a reliable and dynamic and want to be part of an energetic organisation, we’d love to hear from you!
Our primary values are
- Customer obsession rather than competitor focus
- Commitment to operational excellence
- Passion for innovation – Develop products that delight customers
- World class culture
If you’re a leader that strives to inspire a team; if you are personable and love to go the extra mile to make every clients day; if you are a reliable team player and want to be valued member of an energetic organisation, we’d love to hear from you!
Applicant must fit with our company values and share our passion for quality artisan products and incredible customer service. Successful applicant will be:
- Able to use their initiative & problem solve – before there is a problem!
- Well-organised and versatile
- Positive with a can-do attitude
- A driver of change
- Experienced in MS Office
- Committed to customer service
- An excellent communicator
- Experienced in leading a team
You must demonstrate the following skills at the highest level:
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Sense of urgency
- Team Work
How To apply
Please address the selection criteria below:
- Why are you interested in working at Three Mills Bakery?
- List 3 elements of excellent workplace culture and how you would contribute to maintaining them.
- Describe a time where you have practiced good problem-solving skills (either as an individual, or as part of a team).
- Outline how you would implement a new system to a team of 15 casual staff
- Of the four values listed about, which one resonates with you the most? Why?
- Describe 3 personal strengths.
Attach your selection criteria, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org