Baker – Qualified or Apprentice
Not only does Three Mills supply hand-made sourdough and pastries direct to our customers through our 2 cafes (+home delivery and Three Mills ‘Collective’); and supply local Canberra cafes / restaurants & independent grocers; we are also launching our Bake at Home range of pastries nationally.
It is an exciting time to join our business!
We are looking for both a Qualified Baker and an Apprentice Baker.
You must be wildly excited about creating incredible products!
We’re a young and energetic team committed to hand-made sourdough and pastries and continually pushing towards excellence in our industry.
We are here to create joy through our craft at every point of contact we have, with our own team members, with customers that visit us at our sites, with our wholesale clients locally and nationally.
We welcome people who share our passion and are driven to produce world class products and services.
We invest heavily in R&D and work collaboratively across all departments (pastry, kitchen, bakery, marketing, operations, front of house, finance) to achieve best outcomes.
About the Role
We are seeking apprentice and qualified Bakers to produce hand formed, stone baked sourdough, as well as a range of sourdoughs and buns for wholesale/café clients. Our bakers are involved in the whole process, from mixing through to slicing and packing the end product, you get to put your hands into every part of the process.
Our Home of Sourdough is at our Leeton St location. (Our Home of Pastry is at our Newcastle St location). We operate 7 days a week/365 days a year. Shifts are mostly day time hours, although we are always cross training and ensuring the night time shifts are shared. Weekend work is expected.
The successful applicant can demonstrate the following skills at the highest level:
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Sense of urgency
- Team Work
If you’re someone who works well in a team environment and enjoys being a reliable and valued member of an energetic organisation, we’d love to hear from you!
- Create joy through our artisan craft – one experience at a time
- Rethink & improve
- Share. Share knowledge, share skills, share kindness; be generous.
REQUIRED: for qualified positions – Cert III with 2 years of experience, Cert IV or 3 years of relevant experience
Please address the selection criteria below:
- What inspired you to become a baker?
- List your qualifications and years of experience.
- Why are you interested in working at Three Mills Bakery?
- Of our values listed above, which one resonates with you and why?
- List 3 elements of excellent workplace culture and how you would contribute to maintaining them.
- List 3 ways you currently educate yourself to stay current in your field?
- Describe a time where you have practiced good problem-solving skills (either as an individual, or as part of a team).
- Describe 3 personal strengths.
Attach your resume and answers to the selection criteria via email to: email@example.com
Job benefits and perks
- Excellent coffee
- Great take home food perks
- Awesome team environment
Applications only accepted that address the selection questions