The Ultimate Steak Sandwich
Spitfire sourdough, 8 slices
Claystone Meats Scotch Fillets
2 Large knobs of butter
16 slices of your favourite melting cheese
Flaky salt, cracked pepper
Mayo or aioli
Claystone Meats caramelised onion relish
- Place a knob of butter in a large fry pan on high heat until browned.
- Pat down the surface of your steak with a paper towel, season one side with salt and pepper.
- Place steak into a fry pan, seasoned side down.
- Season the top side, cook for 30sec, then flip.
- Continue cooking each side for 30sec and flipping.
- Cook steak to your liking (around 3 – 5 mins each side) and remove from pan.
- Slice sourdough, 2 slices per person.
- Spread mustard on half of the bread slices.
- Spread mayo and relish on the other slices.
- Add cheese to each slice of bread.
- Sandwich steak between the two slices of bread.
- In a clean fry pan, melt another knob of butter on medium heat.
- Place sandwich in fry pan, cook until golden brown and flip.
- Pan fry until cheese is melted.